Walking my socks off

Over the last week, I've been doing a sponsored walk of 50,000 steps raising money for Guide Dogs for the Blind in the Walk Your Socks Off Challenge.

Today I completed it, and am up to 54,693 steps and counting. For those who are unable to follow me on Facebook or Twitter, here's a snapshot of the week. 

Day 1 of the Guide Dog challenge involved llama socks, views of the Mersey, a walk up Zig-Zag Road (very appropriate while listening to a BBC Sounds spy story), and more healthy options courtesy of a local skate park. 





Day 2. Socks of the day. Fuelled by flamingos, and up to 15,000 steps. 

Day 3 looked like this...




Day 4 was powered by sunshine, garden plants gone feral, and some gaily coloured brickwork. 30,000 steps+ and counting.





Day 5 was wind powered, and partly through this stunning park entrance. 

On Day 6, I met Betty the seal.

The final day featured lonely churches and pink flowers. 




Much to my delight, I smashed the challenge with 54,593 steps and counting. 

Many thanks to all who have contributed so far. It has been much appreciated. The current total stands at £225 (with another £43.75 in Gift Aid). Thank you so much! 

If you haven't donated, but would like to, go to my Just Giving page at https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/walkyoursocksoffindivduals0401

Thank you for giving me the sweet smell of sockcess for Guide Dogs. Stay safe and well,
Margaret

Comments

Popular Posts